Canon Aplio i700 Review:
The Canon Aplio i series consists of the Aplio i900, Aplio i800, and Aplio i700. The new Aplio i series features a whole new design, more intelligent workflow, and a more powerful new iBEAM digital architecture. The New Aplio i series has a more modern design than that of the old platforms, the Canon Aplio Platinum series, which are bulkier and heavier. The Canon Aplio i series are more convenient thanks to the smaller and lighter system design and higher flexibility with over 36cm of console height adjustment, lateral slide, and a fully articulating arms. The system itself is compact, but its 23″ LCD monitor and 12.1″ touch panel are larger and functionally interactive so that they help improve scanning productivity and reduce fatigue from repetitive scanning.
The Aplio i700 is the top of line product from Canon for General Imaging and Women’s Healthcare. Canon has a great reputation in the ultrasound industry by maintaining a high standard in image quality and functionality with in Radiology. Due to the lack of the intelligent Dynamic Mircro Slice option, the Aplio i700 is not able to support two core matrix transducers, i8CX1 and i18LX5; therefore, the Aplio i700 cannot provide the advanced quality of 2D and Doppler like the Aplio i800. If the buyer really wants to enjoy the real benefit of the Aplio i series, the buyer must choose the Aplio i800 with i8CX1 and i18LX5. These two transducers are strongly recommended for those wanting state-of-the-art image quality with core convex and linear transducers as well as with these two transducers. The Superb Micro-Vascular Imaging (SMI) function has been much improved. For in-depth radiology studies, the Canon Aplio i series also integrated clinically proven and advanced tools such as Shear wave, Fusion imaging (Smart Fusion), and Contrast Harmonic Imaging (CHI), those which have been proven for their quality and stability clinically.
The Canon Aplio i700 Ultrasound Machine features a new iBEAM digital architecture that highly enhanced fundamental processing quality compared to the old Aplio Platinum platform by re-designing both hardware and software. To achieve the system’s stability and productivity in the early stage of new product launch, many clinically proven technologies and settings on the Aplio Platinum series have been utilized. The intelligent Dynamic Micro Slice and Multiplex are two differentiators between Aplio i800 and Aplio i700. If a customer needs a premium radiologic system from Canon, the Aplio i800 with i8CX1 and i18LX5 is recommended.
The Canon Aplio i700 Ultrasound Machine series was very popular for General Imaging in Europe and Asia. The main reason was that the Canon Aplio Platinum series provided superb overall image quality and also met sophisticated requirements for Radiologic studies. The New Aplio i800 and i700 may replace the position of the Aplio Platinum series, and the Aplio Platinum series expected to be discontinued in the near future. The Aplio i800 and i700 will mainly focus on Radiology and Women’s healthcare and compete against Philips EPIQ 5 and GE LOGIQ E9 with XDClear.
Canon Aplio i700 Ultrasound Machine Probes/Transducers:
Micro Convex Probe
Endo Cavity Probe
3/4D Convex Probe
Intra Operative Probe
BI Plane Probe
Linear Array Probe
Canon Aplio i700 Features:
• 23-inch wide LCD monitor
• DVD/CD drive
• Precision Imaging(Speckle Reduction)
• ApliPure+(Spatial Compounding)
• Tissue SpecificOptimization
• Trapezoid Scan
• Quick Scan
• Advanced Dynamic Flow™ (ADF)
• Smart 3D
• Software full keyboard
• Vascularity Index
• Smart 3D
• Superb micro-vascular Imaging (SMI)
Canon Aplio i700 Options:
• CW Kit
• ECG, PCG, and Pulse sensor
• Stress Echo Kit
• 2D Wall Motion Tracking Kit
• Mitral Valve Analysis Kit
• Volume Matrix Kit
• Pencil Connector Unit
• M-TEE Hnager Kit
• CV Kit
• STC Kit
• CHI Kit
• CHI-Q Kit
• Fitting Curve Kit
• Quad View for CHI Kit
• Mecha 4D Kit
• Luminace Kit
• Fly Thru. Kit
• Shadow Glass Kit
• Elastography-FLR kit
• Elastography Kit
• Shear wave Kit
• Quad View for SWE Kit
• Smart Fusion Kit
• Smart Navigation Kit
• Sensor Kit for Fusion Unit
• Fusion Pole Cart
• Mounting Kit for Fusion Sensor
• Smart Navigation Sensor Kit
• Smart Sensor 3D Kit
• MicroPure Kit
• Panoramic View Kit
• Multi-Reflection Canceller Kit
• Mounting Kit for Peripheral Unit
• Foot Switch
• Gel Warmer
• Transducer Cable Hanger Kit
• Transducer Holder Kit
• Wireless LAN Kit
• EV/ER Transducer Holder Kit
• Keyboard Kit
• 2nd Console Kit
• Protocol Assistant Kit
• Security Management Kit
• Dynamic Micro Slice Kit
• Multiplexing kit
• Local Language Key-Top Kit
Canon Aplio i700 Applications:
• Women’s Helacre Care(GYN & Breast)
• Fetal Echo
• Small Parts(Breast, Thyroid, Testis…)
• Urology (Renal, Prostate…)
• Adult Echocardiography
• Pediatric Echocardiography
• Neonate Echocardiography
• Stress Echocardiography
• Adult Transesophageal Echocardiography
• Pediatric Transesophageal Echocardiography
• Internal Medicine w/ Shared Service
• Interventional Radiology
• Contrast Imaging_General Imaging
• Contrast Imaging_Cardiac
• Bowel Imaging
• Strain Elastography
• Shear wave Elastography
Canon Aplio i700 FAQs:
• ApliPure reduces ultrasound wave interface within tissues, which appear as speckle patterns or speckle noise on 2D images.
• ApliPure+ can display the boundaries between tissues more clearly and reduce speckle noise and acoustic shadows.
• Precision Imaging allows structures in 2D-mode to be displayed more clearly and the background to be displayed more smoothly.
• Tissue Specific Optimization (TSO) automatically compensates the reception focus.
• Biopsy Enhancement Auto Mode (BEAM) is a function to provide a clearer visualization of biopsy needles in the live ultrasound image. The function provides three enhancement levels and automatically selects the best scan angle.
• 2D Quick Scan enables to automatically optimize the gain and time gain control in 2D mode.
• 2D Wall Motion Tracking semi-automatically extracts wall motion data from the 2D speckle data of the left ventricular myocardial images to be analyzed, and displays the status of myocardial motion.
• Contrast Harmonic Imaging (CHI) is the function that enhances the visualization of vascular mapping with the second-harmonic wave signals from the microbubbles in the contrast medium.
• Parametric MFI allows temporal information to be displayed as a color map superimposed on the CHI-mode image (Contrast image for the period from the start of contrast medium reaches the target region).
• Stress Echo allows the user to perform exercise and pharmacological stress echo exams.
• Luminance is a surface rendering technique that provides a softer, more natural visualization of the human skin resulting in images of photographic impression on quality. The function’s freely movable light source gives the user strong visual feedback on depth and detail. Changing the position of the light can help the user better identify pathological changes and skin defects.
• Fly Thru is the function that enables the user to visualize cavities, ducts and vessels from the inside and in 3D. Comparable to virtual endoscopy, Fly Thru adds cross-sectional ultrasound information to the plain surface data, making it a tool for exploring lesions and ingrowing masses, as well as to assist in planning and follow-up of interventions such as placing stents or grafts.
• Shadow Glass* enables the user to assess both the different layers of tissue and position of vessels all at the same time by using the semi-transparent glass effect.
• Protocol Assistant is a special function that allows for protocols to be created and executed automatically. These protocols can be edited and saves the user time.
• Smart Fusion is the function that allows synchronization of ultrasound scanning with CT/MRI image display. The image is adjusted according to the examination position determined using a magnetic sensor attached to the transducers.
• Smart Navigation is the function that allows a needle navigation line to be superimposed on the ultrasound image based on the positional relationship between the magnetic sensor attached to the transducer and the magnetic sensor attached to the puncture needle.
• Superb Micro Vascular Imaging (SMI) is the function that, with increased Doppler sensitivity, expands the range of visible blood flow and provides visualization of low velocity microvascular flow. SMI’s level of vascular visualization, combined with high frame rates, advances diagnostic confidence when evaluating lesions, cysts and tumors, improving patient outcomes and experience.
• MircroPureTM enables to better visualize small structures in 2D mode. This function shows good image quality for visualizing structures like small calcifications in breast.
• Elastography is the function that enables tissue stiffness to be visualized based on the changes in velocity resulting from physical compression and decompression of the target region.
• Shear wave is the function that allows images representing the speed of propagation of tissue replacement (Shear wave speed) to be visualized (Shear wave scan) by locally displacing tissues by transmitting a burst wave with high acoustic pressure.
• Smart Maps is the function that visualizes and quantifies shear wave propagation in a user-defined region of interest in real time. The user can select both dynamic propagation speed and elasticity displays for visual assessment and quantification.
• Propagation mapping is the function that intuitively enhances the visual quality of elastography. Areas with distorted or absent shear wave propagation are easily recognized by means of a disrupted wave front.
• Panoramic View allows B/W images to be obtained with a wider field of view by moving the transducer in the lateral direction. Measurement using Panoramic View can be performed.
• FLEX-M is the function that allows any desired plane to be set on both the 2D-mode image and the M-mode image. The set plane can also be reconstructed.
• Auto NT is the function that semi-automatically measures the thickness of nuchal translucency between 12 to 14 weeks in the sagittal section.
• Mitral Valve Analysis is the function that allows for the mitral valve in the 3D image data to be acquired using the ultrasound diagnostic system is extracted semi-automatically, and then it is displayed as a model so that the shape of the mitral valve can be easily evaluated and analyzed to display the parameters.
• Multi-Reflection Canceller is used to visualize images with fewer artifacts by cancelling multiple reflection from the body.
• MultiView* allows the user to work in multiple imaging modes including color Doppler and CEUS. This quad display with Fusion shows the live ultrasound image in sync with multiple views of the pre-loaded data.